MuseumThe Edgar Tinelmuseum
Shortly after the death of Edgar Tinel (28/10/1912), people soon began to collect all kinds of memorabilia that would form the basis for the Tinel Museum. The inauguration of the funerary monument was a highlight on 2 August 1931 during the Tinel Festival. In the meantime, sufficient material had been collected to open a "museum". Documents and memorabilia were displayed on tables - usually on the first floor of the town hall. After the festivities, everything was shelved until the next time.
In 1963, two rooms on the ground floor of Tinel's house of birth became available and the collection could be exhibited there permanently.
In 1976 (the fusion of the municipalities was imminent) the Tinel Committee was given legal status: it became Tinelmuseum vzw. Under the skilful leadership and inspiration of the late Jo De Vos, the museum was given new impetus.
After a long and winding road filled with obstacles, the current museum was inaugurated on Saturday 17 October 1992 on the first floor of Tinel's house of birth.
Opening hours museum:
On 'Erfgoeddag', 'Open monumentendag' and the last weekend of september on the occasion of 'Kunst uit Sinaai'. By appointement : Jan Meganck 03/772.45.13 0476 562258 email@example.com
The entrance is free